Tuesday 16 July 2013

Chistmas is coming

Well, maybe not quite yet but it's halfway through July already.  How did that happen?

Anyway, it's one layer week at Less is More and they have asked us for a card that is not square or rectangular.

So here's my little effort.  I know it looks like a rectangle but actually all four sides are not parallel and it sits on the slant.  I'd better show you both the front and inside, otherwise it makes no sense (I rarely do).

It's a digistamp from Bugaboo, with a little peeloff holly on the antlers.



I need some advice please, I know it's supposed to be clean and simple but the front looks a bit too plain.  I can't work out what to add, if anything, that would improve it without making it look busy.  All suggestions will be gratefully received.

Thanks

Pat

5 comments:

  1. Your card is kind of rectangular but I love the oval aperture and the image you've used. I think it looks gr8 as it is but if you're not happy then maybe a holly border (or Christmas light image if you have one) around the aperture .....

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathyk. The photo disguises the jaunty angles of the card a bit. I think I have a Christmassy border stamp set,I'll dig it out and have a play. I appreciate your feedback.

      Delete
  2. Cute image Pat... it does look rather rectangular though!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. not quite shaped lol

    Sorry for my late visit.
    Thanks for joining us this week x
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Pat! Well done on your parallelalellagram card! I think it's adorable, because I love, love, love CAS. However, since you asked, if I were to add anything I would put three tiny red gems just to the right and above the "happy," hapazardlike; I'm sure you know what I mean. Plus, since the moosey is so cute, I would add googley eyes, if you have any. Maybe just the googly eyes first, then see if that's enough. If you don't have red gems you could just make three dots with a red pen or glitter glue. What do you think? I haven't read the other comments so they don't influence me and maybe you got a better idea. You'll have to post the new card for us if you make any changes! xxoo Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, I really appreciate your feedback.