Tuesday 4 February 2014

I can sing a rainbow

Hello

Sorry, did I wake you?  I know I haven't been here in forever.  Life's been very busy lately and I just got out of the habit of blogging, but I'm back now and hope to be here more often.

One of my earliest childhood memories is of my mum singing the rainbow song to me, even though it has all the wrong colours.  Red and yellow and pink and green, purple and orange and blue.  So if I do want to design a rainbow, I have to resort to that old school chestnut, Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain.  Why do these mnemonics work for us?  I can still remember the one for the planets (in the days when Pluto was a planet as well as a dog) Since Mount Vesuvius Erupted Many Jolly Scientists Usually Never Panic.

Anyway, I digress.  I made two very similar cards for this week's birthday celebratory challenge at Less is More (Happy 3rd Birthday LIM).




You can't really tell but the greeting is gold mirror card.

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Pat

7 comments:

  1. Great cards - love the rainbow of hearts hanging from the branch! You've got me singing now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Pat, good to see you posting! Love your gloriously colourful cards, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific cards Pat
    Simply FAB
    Thank you Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fabulous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these, especially the hearts hanging from the branch ..... so sweet!. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for coming by to see me, Pat, so I could come check again and find that you had blogged! Yay!!!! You are doing us a disservice by staying away so long, as evidenced by these two CASlicious delights!! Really LOVE them!!

    Here in America the rainbow pneumonia is Roy G. Biv! It was fun reading what you grew up with, which was new to me. I've forgotten the one we had for the planets coz now I live with CRS disease. Do you have that where you are? In case you don't, it stands for Can't Remember Bleep!

    BTW, love the sediment cut in the gold mirror. Who makes that die? Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, I really appreciate your feedback.