Thursday 8 May 2014

Butterfly birthday

Hello

I hope you are enjoying your week and getting some crafty time in.

I have made a birthday card for one of my friends that I have known since school, which means that we are all reaching the grand old age of 50 this year (I did mine last year in fact).



This lady is indeed fabulous at fifty, as she has been all her life.  In fact even more than me, she just can't be that old!

I used green blue and lilac so I'm entering this into the Less is More challenge this week which is to use three colours or three shades of a colour.

I used my old but still wonderful PearlEx watercolours and painted a piece of card randomly with blue and green.  I then die cut the butterfly and swirls and used up the scraps with baby butterflies.  I computer generated WordArt greeting and some bling and it's done.  Thanks to this card for my inspiration.

5 comments:

  1. Great card Pat, love the pretty butterfly too :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat what a super card! Did you grow up in Woking? I went to school there and also hit 50 soon... yikes!
    Thank you for joining the Less is More Challenge this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that I'm so late in visiting this time, but a new laptop has taken a little time to set up and get to know!!
    This is a fabulous inky backdrop to the butterfly Pat...love that effect!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your randomly watercoloured butterfly Pat. Fabulous colours too! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, Pat, I'm so glad to have seen this card! It is simply divine in every way! I'm pinning it as an inspirational CASlicious example!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, I really appreciate your feedback.